How to uninstall Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S9?

Samsung Bixby was launched with the S8 series but has also been included to the features of the Samsung galaxy S9 series and there it offers pretty much the same features in the S8 version.

How can I uninstall Bixby on the Samsung galaxy s9 series?

Uninstalling Bixby on the Samsung galaxy S9 follows the same procedure as when trying to perform the same function on the S8 series. Follow the instructions below, and you will be able to permanently uninstall the Bixby on your Samsung galaxy S9 device.

How to disable Bixby button

• Press the Bixby button located on the left side of the phone, below the volume
  • Tap the three cogs in the top menu bar
  • Tap the settings button
  • Click the toggle bar

After these few steps, the Bixby button is being disabled and you can press it without having to worry about opening the Bixby home.

How to disable Bixby voice

• Click the Bixby button, it takes you to the Bixby home. An alternative would be to swipe right on the Samsung home button till you get to the Bixby home
  • Tap the three cogs in the top menu bar
  • Tap the settings button
  • Tap the toggle bar to disable Bixby voice

How to disable Bixby home

This will permanently disable Samsung’s Bixby and its functions

• Press and hold any empty space on the home screen until the menu appears
  • Swipe right till you reach the left home panel
  • Now, disable the Bixby home

Note that the instructions above will work fine for all Samsung galaxy S9 devices except the galaxy s9 note which is built differently. Samsung has made removal of the Bixby feature extremely difficult on the note 9 and might lead to some malfunctioning if forced. The best solution is to change the Bixby button setting. Here are the steps to follow;

• Press the Bixby button below the volume button on the left side of your device
  • Now, tap the three-dot button on the top right corner of the menu
  • Click on the settings
  • Tap the Bixby key
  • Now change that setting to press twice to open Bixby.

You’re done! Now you can operate the volume button without the fear of activating Bixby on your first touch.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 3.33 out of 5)
2019-04-02T13:03:25+00:00March 27th, 2019|How to|16 Comments

16 Comments

1. Michel Fortin Thursday April 11th, 2019 at 06:27 PM - Reply

This article is inaccurate. You can’t uninstall Bixby and you can’t disable Bixby voice, unfortunately. Even when you disable Bixby Home you still get Bixby voice when you long press the Bixby button.

2. samsung wallpapers Tuesday April 16th, 2019 at 06:38 AM - Reply

I really like reading an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, many thanks for allowing for me to
    comment!

• Candy Tuesday July 23rd, 2019 at 06:21 AM - Reply

How in the hell did I get bixby off my phone

3. lockscreens Wednesday April 17th, 2019 at 01:28 PM - Reply

Excellent article. I’m going through many of these issues as well..

4. Ole Jensen Thursday April 25th, 2019 at 12:18 PM - Reply

I have bought my last Samsung device, if they will not allow true uninstall of any kind of listening software.

5. Fu_tard Saturday April 27th, 2019 at 05:01 AM - Reply

How to disable a function, and how to uninstall a crappy app is to different things.
    Thanks for wasting my time on something everybody could find all over the web!

• Anthony Gordon Friday August 23rd, 2019 at 02:40 PM - Reply

For real. I figured this much out on my own. I want to UNINSTALL Bixby. I hates it! I want it off my phone. Gone. Completely eradicated so there is no chance of it turning back on or pestering me about updates or listening to me. How do I do that?

6. Matt K Saturday April 27th, 2019 at 11:42 PM - Reply

Does not work. Galaxy S9. I can only disable the home page.

7. Law Sayer Monday May 20th, 2019 at 05:30 PM - Reply

Uninstall by definition means to remove both set up and application data not ‘sort of in a roundabout way disabling it but not quite’ . Came here looking for an answer leaving with the same question. Badly labelled post.

8. Ben Friday May 24th, 2019 at 01:15 AM - Reply

This is not uninstalling this is disabling. Wasted my time.

9. Hugh McGarry Sunday May 26th, 2019 at 05:51 AM - Reply

Agreed. My S9 is my fourth successive Samsung phone. If they don’t make Bixby removable it will be my last

10. John McCutcheon Monday June 24th, 2019 at 01:50 PM - Reply

My first and last Samsung phone, thanks to them shoving Bixby down my throat. It’s a waste of resources on my phone.

11. Mark Hough Tuesday September 3rd, 2019 at 06:44 PM - Reply

My solution to manufacturers that want to cram unwanted products down your throat without a clean Uninstaller. New phone. It’s the only way to get the makers attention. This is not open source software people, so don’t expect to find a way to run an Uninstaller simply because you don’t like it. Most people gripe, complain, ignore.. But put up with it. The only thing that they understand is loss of marketshare. They won’t change a thing so you need to. Advertising pays them big bucks and they won’t bite the hand that feeds them.

12. Alex Friday September 13th, 2019 at 01:26 AM - Reply

There is no toggle. Now what?

13. Tony Thursday October 3rd, 2019 at 09:14 AM - Reply

I hate this s9 samshit. Cant get rid of BIXBY, tried google and no tips work

14. Oliver Friday October 18th, 2019 at 10:31 AM - Reply

Thanks!!!
    I finally got rid of Bixby